A family company weaving since 1912, Melin Tregwynt combines the authentic craft tradition of Welsh double cloth weaving and classic pure wool blankets, hotel cushions and throws for hotels with beautiful colour and innovative modern design. All our fabrics are woven here at our mill in West Wales. We specialise in wide width weaving and can supply a complete range of sizes from stock. We also work with designers to create innovative custom or bespoke designs to personalise their Hotel offer.
CLASSIC PURE WOOL BLANKETS – our 100% pure new wool blankets are finished with traditional blanket-stitched edges and the corners are hand finished.
REVERSIBLE GRAPHIC BEDSPREADS, THROWS FOR HOTELS & HOTEL CUSHIONS – our signature weaves. We draw on our extensive archive to weave double cloth fabrics in bold reversible designs sometimes known as Welsh Tapestry. We cut and sew all items on-site so can offer flexible sizing to suit client needs.
LUXURIOUS METRO a beautiful lightweight lambswool/angora blended fabric made to order. This has a handle like cashmere but is fire retardant & washable. It can be supplied as blankets, throws and cushions or quilted and backed with linen for a luxurious bedspread.
UPHOLSTERY FABRIC in wool double cloth, suitable for domestic and contract use, with rub test results of 20,000 – 40,000 and over, flame retardant F/R – BS5852:2006 and Crib 5. Fabrics can be stain-proofed and are suitable for sofas, restaurant seating, headboards and office furniture.
We can supply all our stock fabrics as metreage to make curtains, headboards etc. Widths are 150 / 210/ 260 cm in pure wool or lambswool designs. From simple checks to complex weaves, from traditional to contemporary, we hope our collection will give you lots of ideas and inspiration.
We don’t just offer you another range of products, but the inspiration and freedom to customise any of our hotel cushions, pure wool blankets and throws for hotels and create your own look. Because we weave everything ourselves, we can work closely with you to create new and interesting products, short runs, and customised solutions for hotel /contract /own label.
• Our special runs can be as little as 100 metres (50 blankets upwards). We can do smaller minimums if we’re able to use an existing stock warp (e.g. striped blankets). You can also order any special cloth by the metre.
• We offer a wide range of stock supported yarns and a full CAD design facility in-house.
• Lead times vary depending on designs chosen, we estimate 8-12 weeks on average.
Special designs have been made for hotel groups including RF Hotels, Kimpton, Marriott and Accor. Individual hotels have included Tresanton, Salthouse Harbour, Brimstone, the Groucho Club in Glasgow, Nant Gwrtheyrn Village in North Wales and the Cambrian Hotel in Adelboden, Switzerland
• Wool is the world oldest 100% renewable, sustainable, and biodegradable fabric.
• Woollen blankets help to moderate temperature: they are warm but also adapt to the sleeper’s need for cool and breathable coverings.
• Wool is inherently flame retardant, it can often self-extinguish and produces less smoke and toxic fumes.
• Wool is hard wearing and gets better with age.
• Woollen blankets create a sleeping climate perfect for a deeper sleep.
• Wool’s hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial properties make the air we breathe cleaner and better.
Our classic pure wool blankets are like fine wines; they only get better with age. We’ve been around for quite a while too, but we still offer the friendliness and personal service, care and attention to detail of a small family company…