Whether they were once tea or tofu tables, opium or Naga beds, antique Chinese doors fitted with their original metal parts, our coffee tables divert from their original use in order to enhance your interior with their history and change of scenery.
We have a large collection of several hundreds vintage coffee tables of various dimensions and styles.
In our stock of +10.000 unique pieces a big part is dedicated to coffee tables. Here are some of our signature pieces :
- Tofu coffee tables, so named because of a grindstone that used to be placed in the center of the round top for grinding soybeans into Tofu. They have sublime raw elm legs sized to support the weight of the grinding wheel.
- Vintage doors turned into coffee tables, fixed on metal legs. Some of them still wear their metal elements, parts of hinges, locks or handles… Others were completely stripped, bleached and sandblasted.
- Day beds or opium tables, bigger coffee tables, some with a wonderful patine left by a worn lacquer, others completely stripped revealing their wonderful texture of wood.
- Naga tables, originally day beds carved from a single block of solid wood. They are characteristic of the Naga minority living in the North East of India and have a very particular raw charm. Admire its original patina, irregular shapes and lines with visible impacts left by the tools used to carve the wood. The history of these tables is stamped in their texture… We have several dozen in stock, each one being unique.
- Big raw wood coffee tables, they impress with their thickness and sublime texture. Spectacular pieces of raw elm, fruit or oak wood simply fixed on metal legs. Between 350 and 500 kg each.
- Kang tables, small coffee tables with drawers used to stock the most needed things during cold winter days in China when the whole family were united in one-room inns heated by Kang bed-stove.
- Small rectangular or square side tables, lacquered or with their natural color, they fit perfectly for smaller spaces.
And the list above is not exhaustive ! We also have a collection of charred wood coffee tables that you can check on the dedicated page.
Note that we can produce custom made coffee tables our of reclaimed wood (elm or pine).
Contact us to find your unique piece.
The Art of living according to Atmosphère d’Ailleurs embodies itself in our furniture. At the antipodes of mass consumption, the “fake old” or the ostentatious our furniture is sober, timeless, trendless.
We favour the texture of natural timbers (Nature collection) the beauty of the patinas (Wabi-sabi spirit), the elegance of the proportions, the ancestral know-how (charred wood), or the rarity of exceptional pieces. Each highly curated piece undergoes some twenty odd purchasing criteria, and is then meticulously restored.
At Atmosphère d’Ailleurs , you do not buy a consumer good. You enhance your heritage.