Hotel Loudspeaker Systems – Ferguson Hill Studios Ltd
We are an established independent UK specialist in high-end horn loaded hotel loudspeaker systems and hi-fi components. Founded in 2003 by former aeronautical engineer Timothy Hill, the company arrived on the hi-fi and audio scene with the design, manufacture and launch of the groundbreaking FHOO1, the world’s first ever front loaded horn dipole hotel loudspeaker. We now produce a matching Bass System, the FHOO2/FHOO3 that accompanies the FHOO1 horn. We also launched our Mini System, FHOO7 in 2007.
Hotel Loudspeaker Systems – FHOO1 Horn Speaker
The Ferguson Hill hotel loudspeakers are full range units from 150Hz – 20KHz, with no crossover, however, a sub bass unit is required below 150Hz. They reproduce music with a high level of clarity, detail and dynamics, are highly efficient, and will go loud with just a few watts (5 watts).This allows their use with relatively low powered amplifiers further increasing the level of clarity obtainable, from such relatively ‘simple’ amplifier circuits. The stands are a welded stainless steel construction, satin polished, with internal damping, integral spikes, supplied with floor protector discs.The horns are made from toughened cast acrylic, precision moulded, 8mm thick.The support ring and phase plug are precision machined from aluminium alloy, and have a protective anodised finish. The drive unit is a modified Lowther DX3 full range driver.They require a sub bass/sub woofer from 150 Hz down, with level control, ideally taking the signal from the preamp stage. Recommended amplifier power, 3 to 50 watts, they are ideally suited to low power valve amps, and also work well with high quality transistor amps or high quality digital amps.
High Fidelity Hotel Loudspeaker Systems – FHOO7 Mini Speaker System
The FH007 hotel loudspeaker systems is a five piece system consisting of two stand mounted clear acrylic horn speakers, two bass spheres and an integrated class A-B amplifier. The system has been designed to work fantastically around a desktop computer but can be used with any sound source.
The original FHOO7 received 5 star ratings and rave reviews from media ranging from Macworld to The Sunday Times, T3 magazine to Sky News and since going on sale to the public in August 2007 has established a reputation across Europe as the “most stylish speakers in existence” (Macworld).
Our new, improved version of this renowned system features virtually unbreakable (we’ve hit them with a hammer without cracking them!) polycarbonate horns with upgraded drive units and a bluetooth receiver so that you can stream music wirelessly straight from your computer, tablet or phone.
The FHOO7 has 7 unique features not found in other audio hotel speaker systems that are on sale at similar prices in Europe. They are:
- Clarity of Sound. The FHOO7 patented di-polar horn hotel speaker systems are designed to avoid the sound interference caused by encasing or boxing a hotel speaker systems drive units. Unless you use expensive dampener materials, sound waves created by the drive unit will rattle around the box and eventually interfere with the sound that you hear coming out of the front of the speakers. This interference causes the sound to be muffled and flat. The FHOO7, by not casing the drive units in an MDF box, avoids these problems and hence gives outstanding sound quality.
- Great Acoustics. The shape of the FHOO7 horn speakers allow sound to be more easily amplified and therefore providing fantastic phase coherence at frequency ranges the human ear is most sensitive to ( 340hz-20KHz)- the sound of the human voice. If vocals and natural sounds are important to you, then you will love these hotel speakers.
- Fantastic Stereo Imaging. The FHOO7 horn hotel loudspeakers are directional speakers designed to give fantastic sound staging. That is the illusion, which you get only with high quality sound systems, that the sound you are hearing is coming live from the room you are in.
- Style. The FHOO7 is made of transparent high quality acrylic in order for them to be unobtrusive, minimalist, modern and visually arresting like no other systems on the market. The FHOO7 has been designed to turn heads and look good enough to show off (not hide away) on a side board in your dining room, on a coffee table under the flat screen TV, on shelving in your bedroom or on a desk in your home office.
- Flexibility and ease of use. The FHOO7 is easy to plug and play with any device with an audio out line. Simply use the mini-jack leads and phono lead provided to connect to your iPod, PC/Mac, TV, or traditional Hi-fi systems. The FHOO7 is not just an I-pod speaker but also a hotel speaker systems for all your sound systems.
- High Specification and Quality Materials.The FHOO7 integrated amp is the only class A-B amplifier that can be found in speakers anywhere near its price range. (most comparable systems use a class D amp). Uniquely the FHOO7 uses a transconductance-voltage amp made of more than 5lbs of high quality copper encased in anodized aluminum, powering the speaker unit’s neodymium magnets. The system uses the best and most expensive materials to ensure that there is no compromise on build quality and sound experience.
- Big Sound. The FHOO7 can generate a big sound especially when it is combined with the separately purchased FHOO8 subwoofer. The FHOO7 is a hotel audio system for both the intimate occasion and for a party.
Hotel Loudspeaker Systems – FHOO9 Hotel Theatre System
Movie makers believe that the sound of a film is as much part of the experience as the picture. That’s why we have developed the FHOO9 Hotel Theatre System.
We believe that in order to get the maximum viewing pleasure from your high definition hotel theatre system, then you should complement that with high-fidelity sound.
With the FHOO9 Hotel Theatre System we’ve combined high concept design, unique looks and precision engineering, to provide the discerning customer with a speaker system that not only will turn heads but also produce a listening experience which is warm, pin-drop clear and life-affirming.
Hotel Loudspeaker Systems – Clarity of Sound
The FHOO9 patented di-polar horn hotel loudspeaker systems are designed to avoid the sound interference caused by encasing or boxing a speaker system’s drive units. Unless you use expensive dampener materials, sound waves created by the drive unit will rattle around the box and eventually interfere with the sound that you hear coming out of the front of the speakers. This interference causes the sound to be muffled and flat. The FHOO9, by using horn loaded drivers for the mid and treble frequencies that are open at the back, avoids these problems and hence gives outstanding sound quality.
The shape of the FHOO9 horn hotel speakers allows sound to be more easily amplified and therefore provides fantastic phase coherence at frequency ranges the human ear is most sensitive to (340Hz-20KHz) – the sound of the human voice. If vocals and natural sounds are important to you, then you will love these hotel speakers.
Fantastic Stereo Imaging
The FHOO9 horn hotel speaker systems are directional speakers designed to give fantastic sound imaging The illusion, that you get only with high quality sound systems, is that the sound you are hearing is coming live from the room you are in. This will make your movies “come alive”.
The FHOO9 horn hotel speakers are made of transparent high quality acrylic in order for them to be unobtrusive, minimalist, modern and visually arresting like no other systems on the market. The FHOO9 system has been designed to fit around your flat screen TV and become the hub of your home audio visual entertainment system.
Flexibility and Ease of Use
The FHOO9 is easy to plug and play with any device with an audio out line. Simply use the leads provided to connect to your TV, DVD, Games Console, HiFi, MP3 player, or wireless base station so that you can stream music direct from your PC or Mac. One high quality hotel speaker systems – many uses.
Tim Hill – Managing Director – Ferguson Hill Studios
Expert in Hotel Loudspeaker Systems
Ferguson Hill is a British designer loudspeaker specialist. Founded in 2003 by former aeronautical engineer Tim Hill, the company arrived on the hi-fi and audio scene with the design, manufacture and launch of the groundbreaking FHOO1, the world’s first ever front loaded horn dipole loudspeaker. The independent UK company is recognised for its high end horn loaded loudspeakers and hi-fi components. Ferguson Hill now distributes to over 30 countries worldwide.